Nov 15, 2011

Cardboard Castles


These castles were made by one of my grade 3 classes using two pieces of white card. 
This lesson was inspired by this lesson from dickblick
One long piece of card was folded into seven equal sections and decorated as a castle with watercolour pencils and textas. Turrets were cut from the top and some students cut out doors and windows, made small flags to glue to their towers etc. Another piece of card, folded in half, forms the ground and background (a lot of the kids had trouble with the idea of where moats and roads should go!) Once completed I glued the castles to their background piece with a glue gun.


3 comments:

  1. Oooh! What fun is this! I can't wait to try it with my classes!! Thanks!

    I'm going to pin it on my Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I want to Pin it also!! How did you manage to get 7 equal sections? It must have been hard for the kids to measure out - an odd number!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phyl - :) well, we actually divided into eight and then either cut off the extra section or folded it behind and used as a tab to glue to background.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...